2015 marks the 30th anniversary of the creation and release of Chimera. I’m still attached to this game, and part of the reason for that is because so many people I know in the video games industry seem to have fond memories of Chimera too.
This blog represents a series of fractured discussions over the last five years over some kind of remake or sequel. I think that some kind of short “Annual” type book, with pictures and some potted history and dare I say it, perspective would be fun to work on, so that’s what I’m going to work on, beginning this week.
I’m going to need your help:
- Please sign up to the Chimera mailing list. I don’t overuse this and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Send me your thoughts and memories, or any images or photos around your experiences of Chimera, or memories of the time in general. If you liked the game, I’d love to know why.
- Let me know what you’d like to see in this book project, which questions you’d like answered and so on.
- My blog looks ugly and I want to improve it. It’s WordPress based. I used to be a WordPress wizard. Please offer suggestions on how I can improve it.
- I need some advice from someone who understands art techniques: I want to convert all the pixels into vector outlines, so that I can scale the images to any size, so that they can be either coloured in by me or by the readers of the book. I’ve got an Adobe Illustrator subscription, so I’m happy to use that, but I need precise instructions and the more automated, the better.
Feel free to email me at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org, or discuss Chimera with me on Twitter, where my handle is @shahidkamal
I’d really appreciate your support in helping me fulfill the potential of my decades old project and to help encapsulate a 30 year old piece of video games history in a fun book!